Aspirus Divine Savior Hospital and Clinic is relaunching its community volunteer program.
A staple of the community for many years, the Aspirus Divine Savior volunteer program was paused during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are thrilled to relaunch our volunteer program which allows community members to share their time and talent in a way that makes a difference in our community, brightens the lives of others, and provides rewarding and meaningful personal satisfaction,” said Linda Krueger, Volunteer Coordinator at Aspirus Divine Savior.
Volunteer opportunities are currently available at Aspirus Divine Savior Hospital and Clinic, Aspirus Divine Savior Wellness Center, and Aspirus Tivoli Community.
Opportunities are sure to fit anyone’s interests, abilities, and schedule and include:
• Hospital/Clinic Escort — Greet, direct, and assist patients and visitors. Must be able to push a wheelchair.
• VolunTeens — Teenagers 16 and older greet and direct patients and visitors. May also assist as a hospital escort.
• Emergency Department – Greet patients and families in the Waiting Area, providing updates and escort service to patients, families, and visitors throughout the medical complex.
• Surgical Department- Greet patients and families, provide updates and escorted service to patients, families, and visitors throughout the medical complex.
• Lab Department – Must be 18 and older. Assist Lab personnel with delivering specimens between stations, ED, and Main lab. Assist with various paperwork tasks in Main lab.
• Courtesy Cart/Mail Runner – Must be 18 and older. Deliver courtesy items (newspaper, crossword, coloring books) to Inpatient/OB and Infusion/Dialysis patients. Collect and deliver mail for various departments.
• Baby Blanket/Hat Knitter – Any age. Create baby blankets and hats for our OB Department newborns to be dressed, warmed, and welcomed by a homemade gift.
• Home Care – Must be 18 and older. Assist with creating admission packets, paper filing and various office tasks.
• Gift Shop – Must be 18 and older. Assist with daily operations, including greeting visitors, opening/closing of gift shop, and processing sales. Assist with various special fundraising sales.
“Volunteering can also provide valuable first-hand information about healthcare careers and career-related experience,” adds Krueger. “Our volunteers also have the opportunity to meet new and interesting people, develop leadership skills, improve communication, and build self-esteem while making a positive impact in the community,”
Volunteer Requirements Include:
• Appointment and medical health screening with our Employee Health office.
• Completion of the State of Wisconsin caregiver background check form.
• Successful completion of Aspirus Divine Savior Hospital Volunteer orientation and competencies.
• Commitment of volunteer service for a minimum of three months.
To learn more about volunteering at Aspirus, please visit aspirus.org/volunteers and click on “Portage Area” Opportunities or call 608.745.5033.
Aspirus Health is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. Its 11,000 employees are focused on improving the health and well-being of people throughout Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. Aspirus serves communities through four hospitals in Michigan and 13 hospitals in Wisconsin, 75 clinics, home health and hospice care, pharmacies, critical care and air-medical transport, medical goods, nursing homes and a broad network of physicians. For more information, visit aspirus.org.
Local Media Contact: Tom Weaver
Manager-System Communications and Community Engagement
715.847.2000 x51455 | thomas.Weaver@aspirus.org